Monday 15 October 2012

Furnace lid

To help prevent heat loss, I cut a round plate with a hole in the centre big enough to see the crucible. I found 2 pieces of pipe and on just fits inside the other. I chose to do a swivel method.

NOTE! Make sure the swivel is at least opposite of the blast entrance.

I welded the larger pipe to the furnace itself and a small section of the larger pipe to the lid. Next I welded the smaller pipe inside of the larger pipe attached to the lid. the small pipe slides into the larger pipe on the furnace.

I welded a section of rebar the length of a handgrip to the lid so you can grab it to swivel.
It may get hot though.

(The crucible is still our old version and wasnt functional yet)

3 comments:

  1. In a home a furnace can be powered by different means, the means one chooses to power the furnace will reflect on efficiency and cost

    Furnace Toronto

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you would like to inform people on how to chose a furnace for heating htere home I would incourage you to use your own website.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you wish to learn more about the Fat Burning Furnace diet program, and whether or not it really does help
    you to burn body fat fast? Initially I thought that this ebook was going to be another fitness guide that was
    only going to teach the basic aspects of eating right and working out. So is this program really useful.

    air conditionin
    air conditioner
    ac air conditioning
    furnace
    hvac

    ReplyDelete